Our priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening the Practice we have implemented several changes which we would like to make you aware of. During the time, the Practice has been shut, we have completely redecorated all the rooms and deep cleaned them to ensure your safety. We have also made a number of changes in the way that we operate that you will notice when you next visit.
If your therapist feels ill or has symptoms of COVlD 19, they will self-isolate immediately. This may mean that they will have to cancel your appointment at short notice. We appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled you will be able to re-book again.
If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of COVlD 19, please advise us as soon as possible and DO NOT COME IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. We have amended my booking terms and conditions and you will not be charged for any late cancellations due to illness.
Missed appointments, however, will still be charged at full price (or voucher will be voided) so if you decide you no longer want to keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer it to someone else.
Visiting the Practice
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, we ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible.
- Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving, or other clients/therapists.
- If you arrive late your appointment will still finish at the scheduled time.
- We are no longer able to provide refreshments so please bring your own bottle of water.
- When you arrive please ring the bell on the wall in the entrance passage and stand behind the marked line, someone will come down to let you in.
- You will be asked to sign a short declaration confirming that you are well and have not been in contact with COVID 19 or anyone who has.
- Your temperature will be taken (non-invasive) and if ok you will be allowed to enter the clinic.
- If you are wearing gloves you will be asked to remove these before entering, if you wish to wear gloves another pair will be provided.
- If you wish to wear a mask, please bring your own.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands, please use the hand sanitiser provided, and again when you leave. Hand washing facilities are also available in the W.C.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the centre including making sure that common surfaces, toilet, taps, light switches, door handles, card reader etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
Please don’t be surprised or upset if therapists use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This may include disposable visor/gloves/facemasks/aprons where appropriate.
- We can confirm that, where used, the laundering of towels is a priority and assure you that all towels are changed after each client.
- We understand the importance of hand hygiene and all therapists will ensure that they wash my hands according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment and use sanitiser during the treatment when necessary.
- The window will need to be open for ventilation so if you feel cold please let your therapist know.
Your therapist will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments, please let us or your therapist know.
In order to avoid handling of cash, we would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card (if applicable) or in advance by BACS.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and your therapist. We will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend them, as necessary.
Please bear with us whilst we get used to this new way of working; although things will be different we hope you will continue to enjoy the same high standards and quality of treatments that you are used to.
If you have any questions about anything, please let us know.