Core Process Psychotherapy
Welcome to Core Process Psychotherapy with Clive Barton
Core Process Psychotherapy is a mindfulness-based approach that draws from both Western psychological theory and Buddhist philosophy. The approach helps you to explore how you experience the present moment.
Core - Appreciating your essential wellbeing
Process - Understanding the journey
- By bringing awareness to the ways in which you relate to yourself and others, it is possible to gradually discover more choice, freedom and responsiveness in the face of life’s challenges and opportunities. Compassion for oneself and others is at the heart of the work.
The Core Process approach can help with:
- Emotional distress
- Lack of fulfilment or direction
- Low self-esteem
- ‘Mid-life crisis’
- Personal development
- Managing transition
- Overcoming shame, anger or fear
- Relationship difficulties
- Exploring sexuality
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Spiritual crisis
- Deeper enquiry into human experience
- Shock and trauma
- Creative block
Each of us shapes our personality into a unique form which we identify as ‘me’ through which we relate to the outer world.
Core Process Psychotherapy aims to support a developing awareness of this shaping process and how it can limit us in our daily lives and relationships.
With greater awareness to our Core state, our true potential will start to reveal itself.
Finding a therapist you feel at ease with is an important part of the therapeutic process and in recognition of this a free initial 45 minute meeting is offered. This gives us both the opportunity to meet and to explore what you are looking for in considering therapy
In association with My Psychotherapy Cornwall - Cornwall Psychotherapy
Please telephone 01326 210202 to book an appointment